Hlosi welcomes and caters for children of all ages. We specialise in creating exclusive and unforgettable family safari experiences. Our lodge facilities, dining experiences and safari activities all include children-friendly options, without compromising a luxurious and rejuvenating experience for adults.
- Children under the age of 12 are accommodated at Hlosi by prior arrangement
- Children 12 and over are accommodated as adults
- Children sharing with adults will be accommodated on a cot or on a single bed, depending on their age and subject to availability
- A maximum of two (2) children may share with two (2) adults in a one-room suite, subject to availability of cots and/ or beds
- Our two-room family suites can accommodate a maximum of three (3) children in the second bedroom, subject to availability of cots and/ or beds
- Children aged 0-2 are accommodated free of charge when sharing with at least one adult
- Children aged 3-11 are eligible for a child rate of 50% of the adult rate when sharing with at least one adult
- Children 12 and over are accommodated at the adult rate
- Child rates are inclusive of accommodation, meals, selected beverages, activities and game drives (subject to Ranger discretion)
- Child rates do not include babysitting
Activities & supervision
- We accept all children from 0 – 12 years old at Hlosi. Children over 12 are deemed adults (i.e 13 and above)
- Children from 3 – 12 years will be included in the Cubs on Safari programme run by the Child Co-ordinator.
- Baby-sitting services by prior arrangement with the lodge can be available from 15:30 until after dinner at an hourly fee of R 80.00 per family.
- The Children’s programme will run from 09:30 – 16:00 or as determined by the Child Co-ordinator depending on the children in camp.
- Children aged 0 – 2 are not permitted on Game Drive unless in a private midday game drive detailed below and then at the ranger’s discretion.
- Children 6yrs and over will automatically be included in game drives activities.
- Children 5yrs and younger will only be included at the discretion of the ranger at the time of stay. Alternatively a private landrover can be booked at the time of stay at an additional cost and subject to availability.
- A private midday game drive is available for families at an additional charge of R 750.00 per vehicle for a maximum of 2 hours. Families may share a vehicle up to a maximum of 9 people including the children. This is subject to availability of vehicles and rangers.
- A dedicated children’s room is available, with books, games, toys, television and DVDs.
- A wide range of activities is available at dedicated times throughout the day. Our Children’s Coordinator will meet parents and children on arrival to explain what activities are available, and schedule children’s activities during guests’ stay. Together with parents, a programme is tailored to suit weather, children’s ages and availability of specialist staff for specific activities
- The Hlosi Kids Safari activities are available to all children aged three and over. For younger children, a babysitting service is available at an additional cost.
- All swimming activities must be supervised by parents at all times
- A children’s menu is available, and dedicated children’s mealtimes can be arranged
- A babysitting service is available by prior arrangement with the Children’s Coordinator, at an additional cost.